
I hate college, I'm miserable in this business degree, I'm going to drop out now or if I can I'l get to the end of this year just so I can pick up where I left off if I was to ever go back.I've been feeling very lost and very stressed - It's not easy not knowing what step to take.I know that I don't fancy prodding away at a computer for the next 40 years.I want to finish the day and look back on it with pride, I want to take pride in my work and feel a sense of accomplishment from that, I've never gotten that from an excel spreadsheet.I know I want to be self employed.I've seriously struggled to find anything that remotely interests me career-wise.I know my best bet is to develop a craft, skill or learn a trade, most of those (but not all) are in the construction.I need to get into something I can at least tolerate, hopefully even enjoy.I don't fancy working out in the elements (that rules out a lot of trades).My uncle is a carpenter by trade, he primarily fits kitchens, wardrobes and lays flooring, I've helped him out a couple times and enjoyed the work, it's heavy but rewarding.I think the best plan of action for me is - get into a trade (maybe even carpentry with my uncle), work my ass off, get good at it and go out on my own.. From there the world is my oyster.I just need to find something I can tolerate right now, the futures good but I have to get through today.I just want to say to any aspiring entrepreneurs like me don't fall into the same trap I did.Don't think you have to reinvent the wheel, you can sell it with better customer service, sell a budget version or sell a wheel fit for a king - An idea doesn't need to be original to be profitable.College is not for everyone, I'm a prime example.At the risk of blowing my own trumpet I was always assumed for college.I enjoyed school, I got on well in my exams, myself and everyone around me just assumed I'd go to college and get a degree.It's 4 years later and I'm not finished, my friends who were arguably less capable than me are now accountants, software developers and civil engineers.It's hard not seeing yourself as a failure when you fail but I've learnt more from failing at college than I ever did from going to college.Best of luck. see hubwealthy.com/wealthy






0 comments:
Post a Comment