
Over the past 6 months, I’ve diligently been using Bubble.io, a “No Code” platform, to build a product for streamers. It’s been eye-opening to say the least and I think it’d be worthwhile to give everyone a rundown of my experience.A little background on me: I’d like to consider myself semi-technical: I took 2 CSE courses in high school(8yrs ago) and since then I have only used Python for webscraping & machine learning for fun and SQL for data analysis at work. I like to think I’m well versed enough to talk to developers but I don’t have the experience or working knowledge to build out full applications by myself.As for the “No Code” platform, I chose Bubble.io which was recommended to me by a friend who used it previously. I believe Amazon and Google both offer competing platforms now.I was hesitant to try it at first only because I was worried I’d be confined by the flexibility of the platform when developing but from my experience thus far I was wrong. I feel like I am fully able to control both the development of the front end as well as the backend of my platform; the “No-Code” experience seamlessly ties these two pieces together. The only notable downside is creating a responsive layout is somewhat of pain. To me this a minor inconvenience because I was able to build out functionality to levels I had dreamed of in a traditional coding environment.Also, I feel it’s necessary to mention, I have put “no-code” in quotations the entire time because I don’t feel this term does it justice. I’d classify it more as visual programming or hybrid programming.All that being said, I will say my knowledge of programming and databases did give me an upper hand when learning the platform. I feel like I was able to get a quicker grasp on how to tie the variables from the backend to the front end objects, how to set conditional states(such as signed-in users), and how to submit and structure data. The friend, who recommended the product to me, had no technical experience and struggled with those concepts. However, he was able to conquer them with the plethora of tutorials and documentation out there.Although I haven’t had to worry about it yet, one of my main concerns as I scale is load time of user data and whether it will be slower as I add more users to my platform.All in all, I believe visual development will make programming more accessible and democratize it for digital application building. I see it being most applicable for creating new business applications of existing tech and less for developing new digital technologies.If you have some technical experience and have always wanted to build a platform that requires more than a website, I highly suggest using Bubble.io or another visual development platform. If you don’t have a technical background, I’d highly suggest it for you as well. It will give you a new perspective on programming and is a great way to learn. Bubble.io has great walkthroughs and it’s addicting because you can see tangible results, unlike some traditional programming in my experience.I hope you are able to take something away from my experience and just let me know if you have any questions!TLDR: Try a visual programming platform if you are interested in building a digital platform more powerful than a website but don't have enough technical knowledge. see hubwealthy.com/wealthy






0 comments:
Post a Comment