Providing a digital resource page for learners across the world.

Export

Center Stage: Models of the Solar System

Resource ID#: 99989

Primary Type: Student Tutorial


This document was generated on CPALMS - www.cpalms.org



Compare and contrast the heliocentric and geocentric models of the Solar System in this interactive tutorial.

Attachments

Accessible version: Accessible Version of the tutorial content inPDF Format

General Information

Subject(s): Science
Grade Level(s): 8
Intended Audience: Educators , Students
   
 
Keywords: Heliocentric, Geocentric, Solar System, , Parallax, models, planets, the Sun, the moon, space science, outer space, interactive, tutorials, elearning, e-learning, science, Earth science,
Instructional Component Type(s): Original Student Tutorial
Resource Collection: Original Student Tutorials Science - Grades K-8



Source and Access Information

Contributed by:
Name of Author/Source: Robert Lengacher
Access Privileges: Public


Aligned Standards

Name Description
SC.8.E.5.8: Compare various historical models of the Solar System, including geocentric and heliocentric.
Clarifications:
Florida Standards Connections: MAFS.K12.MP.4: Model with mathematics.



Looking for your next venture? Try something you know nothing about...


So, like many of you (probably) I always thought that I should know a lot about whatever I'm working on. That I should be an expert about the subject, know the industry in and out, or personally experience the problem that I'm trying to solve.A few months ago, I reconnected with an old friend and he told me something that I thought was just brilliant. So, I want to share it here to see what you all think about it.He said that after he sold his last company, he had some time to think about what he'd do next. Instead of trying to solve a problem that he was personally experiencing, he set out to find problems in other industries that he didn't know much about. So we would set up meetings with everyone and anyone who wanted to talk. Long story short, once he found a compelling problem that he thought he could do, he set out to learn more about how the industry worked, etc.It got me thinking... I've been working on a project management application for a couple of years (it's very cool, actually) So, why are there so many task / project management tools out there? Because we experience the problem and we (developers) can do something about it, so we all do it. In other industries, they have a problem, often times they may even have a solution, but they're not able to do it themselves... So, if you come along and learn about it, you could attempt to solve a problem that there aren't that many people trying to solve. Unlike project management, for example.I thought it was pretty ingenious. What do you think? Or, what industry are you in and do you have a problem that you'd like solved? see hubwealthy.com/wealthy

0 comments:

Post a Comment