Providing a digital resource page for learners across the world.

Export

Center Stage: Models of the Solar System

Resource ID#: 99989

Primary Type: Student Tutorial


This document was generated on CPALMS - www.cpalms.org



Compare and contrast the heliocentric and geocentric models of the Solar System in this interactive tutorial.

Attachments

Accessible version: Accessible Version of the tutorial content inPDF Format

General Information

Subject(s): Science
Grade Level(s): 8
Intended Audience: Educators , Students
   
 
Keywords: Heliocentric, Geocentric, Solar System, , Parallax, models, planets, the Sun, the moon, space science, outer space, interactive, tutorials, elearning, e-learning, science, Earth science,
Instructional Component Type(s): Original Student Tutorial
Resource Collection: Original Student Tutorials Science - Grades K-8



Source and Access Information

Contributed by:
Name of Author/Source: Robert Lengacher
Access Privileges: Public


Aligned Standards

Name Description
SC.8.E.5.8: Compare various historical models of the Solar System, including geocentric and heliocentric.
Clarifications:
Florida Standards Connections: MAFS.K12.MP.4: Model with mathematics.



Learned to code a few years ago. Started an online platform to teach anyone to code by building projects. 12k+ users, 40+ projects, 1 million+ page-views.


Learning to code allowed me to make my ideas a reality.When I first tried to learn to code, I had no idea where to start. Online courses, theoretical CS classes, books, etc. just didn’t click for me. I couldn’t build anything useful, like a website or mobile app. I was frustrated until I discovered the concept of learning by doing.I then built fun mini-projects, such as a to-do app and a weather app by Googling my way online and watching tutorial videos. Instead of memorizing syntax, I was able to create websites accessible by anyone on the internet. That was game-changing for me. I could finally make something useful.Fast forward to today, I might not know advanced CS theory, but I can build minimally viable products (MVPs) to test ideas, iterate upon projects to add new features, and I have a good idea how to create digital products with seamless user experiences.Whenever someone asks me for advice for learning to code, I say this:The best way to learn to code is to just start. For example, if you have an idea and you want to build a landing page to test demand, google "How can I build a landing page in HTML and CSS?" (or something similar like "how to make a website with HTML/CSS?") and spend a few hours going through tutorials and youtube videos. That's how I learned — and I wouldn't have wanted to learn to code any other way.Over time, it gets hard to find the right resources. That's why I created Enlight, which has a directory of projects in web development and data science. You can access the projects for free here. I'd start with a beginner level Web Development project, like a to-do app or weather app to get an introduction. Most Enlight projects take ~1 hour, and it's really cool to have a finished project you can share with anyone! Over the past four years, Enlight has grown to 12k+ users, 40+ community-contributed projects, and 1 million+ total pageviews — so you're in good company! You can also join our community discord to ask questions and interact with other learners.As I built Enlight with my team, we came across another problem: motivation and accountability. Learning alone is really hard. And that's why we created the Enlight Cohort program, which is a two-week introductory web development bootcamp. We've had 200+ learners go through the cohort since July, many of them being entrepreneurial students and professionals. The next cohort starts this Sunday, December 6th. If you're interested, you can learn more here.I'm happy to answer any questions! I love talking about learning to code! :) see hubwealthy.com/wealthy

0 comments:

Post a Comment