Providing a digital resource page for learners across the world.

Export

Center Stage: Models of the Solar System

Resource ID#: 99989

Primary Type: Student Tutorial


This document was generated on CPALMS - www.cpalms.org



Compare and contrast the heliocentric and geocentric models of the Solar System in this interactive tutorial.

Attachments

Accessible version: Accessible Version of the tutorial content inPDF Format

General Information

Subject(s): Science
Grade Level(s): 8
Intended Audience: Educators , Students
   
 
Keywords: Heliocentric, Geocentric, Solar System, , Parallax, models, planets, the Sun, the moon, space science, outer space, interactive, tutorials, elearning, e-learning, science, Earth science,
Instructional Component Type(s): Original Student Tutorial
Resource Collection: Original Student Tutorials Science - Grades K-8



Source and Access Information

Contributed by:
Name of Author/Source: Robert Lengacher
Access Privileges: Public


Aligned Standards

Name Description
SC.8.E.5.8: Compare various historical models of the Solar System, including geocentric and heliocentric.
Clarifications:
Florida Standards Connections: MAFS.K12.MP.4: Model with mathematics.



"Move Fast and Break Things" - NO! NO! NO!


This is advice from Mark Zuckerberg. It's very romantic and sexy. And to works great for companies that have millions to "burn and learn". The entrepreneur's I work with don't have millions to B&L. They have $100K to "get it right the first time".I'm writing this because I had yet another meeting with a prospect that had the same story I've heard well over 100 times: "I hired a cheap developers from (Upwork, India, my cousin's friend), and after 9 months and $100K, I have a half-built app that's useless and I am out of money".Don't get me wrong... there are great developers on Upwork and from India / Philippines, and I am sure your cousin's friend is also a great developer. It's not the skill that's the issue and the reason for a 95%+ failure rate. The core issue is a lack of fundamental pre-planning, scoping, and understanding of what exactly the entreprenuer is creating. A proper scoping and planning phase can easily be 25% of the entire project. And if you skip this phase, you can offer a significantly lower rate to an unsavvy founder. The problem is, you can't build something if you don't know what you're building.I am sure you've heard the carpenters credo: Measure Twice, Cut Once. The carpenter will actually spend more time measuring than cutting. Software development is a quantum order more complex than carpentry. Why would you skip the planning phase?!?Entrepreneurs... please, please, please... do not skip the planning phase. Treat it as the most important phase of the project. The time spent will more than pay for itself when you have the app you want in the tie you want at the cost you want.Lots of great resources out there to learn how to scope and define. The whole process should no more then 3-6 weeks, and will absolutely set you up for success."Move Moderately and Build Awesome Things" see hubwealthy.com/wealthy

0 comments:

Post a Comment