Providing a digital resource page for learners across the world.

Export

Center Stage: Models of the Solar System

Resource ID#: 99989

Primary Type: Student Tutorial


This document was generated on CPALMS - www.cpalms.org



Compare and contrast the heliocentric and geocentric models of the Solar System in this interactive tutorial.

Attachments

Accessible version: Accessible Version of the tutorial content inPDF Format

General Information

Subject(s): Science
Grade Level(s): 8
Intended Audience: Educators , Students
   
 
Keywords: Heliocentric, Geocentric, Solar System, , Parallax, models, planets, the Sun, the moon, space science, outer space, interactive, tutorials, elearning, e-learning, science, Earth science,
Instructional Component Type(s): Original Student Tutorial
Resource Collection: Original Student Tutorials Science - Grades K-8



Source and Access Information

Contributed by:
Name of Author/Source: Robert Lengacher
Access Privileges: Public


Aligned Standards

Name Description
SC.8.E.5.8: Compare various historical models of the Solar System, including geocentric and heliocentric.
Clarifications:
Florida Standards Connections: MAFS.K12.MP.4: Model with mathematics.



Some of you enjoyed my last chunklet of copywriting advice so here's another: the power of using stories to sell more stuff.


In the early 1970's, a freelancer called Martin Conroy sat down at his typewriter and punched out a sales letter that would go on to generate $2 billion for the Wall Street Journal.It's considered by most to be the best sales letter of all time.It's also a great example of the power of using stories to sell more stuff.Stories work for three key reasons:- They're memorable- They keep the attention of the audience- They help to build a trusting relationship with the audienceThe most popular use of storytelling in marketing is the "I had a problem, this is how I solved it" story. You know the one. It usually goes something like this:Have you ever been stood up on a date? I'm ashamed to admit that I have. More times than I can count, in fact. Can you imagine how embarrassing that is? Last year, on a cold November night, it happened again. Only this time, a rather attractive waitress sat down opposite me and poured herself a glass of wine. I guess she felt sorry for me or something. "Don't get your hopes up," she grinned. "I'm married." Typical, I thought. But her next sentence quite literally changed the entire course of my life: "You should try WeDate.com".A week later, I met my wife.You get the idea. That's just one of many ways to incorporate stories into your sales copy. Martin Conroy's famous sales letter for the Wall Street Journal is another. If you want to read a dissection of the letter and why it was so darn successful, here's a great article about it (I'm not affiliated or associated with this website or the article in question. It's just a good article.) see hubwealthy.com/wealthy

0 comments:

Post a Comment