Providing a digital resource page for learners across the world.

Export

Center Stage: Models of the Solar System

Resource ID#: 99989

Primary Type: Student Tutorial


This document was generated on CPALMS - www.cpalms.org



Compare and contrast the heliocentric and geocentric models of the Solar System in this interactive tutorial.

Attachments

Accessible version: Accessible Version of the tutorial content inPDF Format

General Information

Subject(s): Science
Grade Level(s): 8
Intended Audience: Educators , Students
   
 
Keywords: Heliocentric, Geocentric, Solar System, , Parallax, models, planets, the Sun, the moon, space science, outer space, interactive, tutorials, elearning, e-learning, science, Earth science,
Instructional Component Type(s): Original Student Tutorial
Resource Collection: Original Student Tutorials Science - Grades K-8



Source and Access Information

Contributed by:
Name of Author/Source: Robert Lengacher
Access Privileges: Public


Aligned Standards

Name Description
SC.8.E.5.8: Compare various historical models of the Solar System, including geocentric and heliocentric.
Clarifications:
Florida Standards Connections: MAFS.K12.MP.4: Model with mathematics.



👩🏻‍💻Increased my website conversion from 9% to 15% (free trial to paid) working with a conversion copywriter. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! I used to work in advertising and thought I 'knew' this stuff LOL. Was a great experience. Sharing what I learned...


First of all...every product is different so take what you will from this.For context, my product is an early stage consumer-facing SaaS in the productivity space. If your product is more mature, B2B or has multiple audiences you might do it differently.Also there is never 100% one way to do things...so if your website is working for you this doesn't mean you should stop everything and change it.That said, I was pleasantly surprised with the results. It was my first time working with a conversion copywriter - they had a LOT of great suggestions, which I didn't think of, even though I worked in the advertising industry for 10yrs.So far, the result is a 9% to 15% conversion from those on a free trial to paid service. Time will tell, but so far I'm very happy with how it turned out.Ok, buckle up, here's what I learned:For context and to follow along, here's my website now: https://llamalife.coAnd what it was previously: https://ift.tt/3rm1i9O of you may recognise it as you gave me great feedback in my previous post, which I've also incorporated - thanks!).​Encourage scrolling in one-direction (natural behavior) vs people clicking around menus and different parts of the site and getting lost. Limit what you put in the nav bar.The reason for this is to guide the narrative ie what do you want to say to people and in what order.Anticipate questions someone might have as they are reading, and make sure you answer those questions in the next section of your websiteHow to anticipate questions - role-play it with a someone who doesn't know your product and see what they ask you and when, look through feedback from your customers and make sure you cover their biggest pain points and what they were confused about. Make sure you mention how your product is different to others in the spaceCustomer research - people always say talk to customers. 100% agree if you can. But there are also other ways to get insight eg reading app review of your competitors. App review tend to be very positive or very negative, so they're good to understand the problems people are having or features they really want. Another way is to look through relevant subreddits.The website's hero text and image should sell an emotional benefit. What are you promising the customer? What problem will it solve? This was hard for me at first because I originally included a short factual headline - I'd always been told be clear and concise. But sometimes clear and concise = boring and same. Not saying don't be clear!! Obviously it needs to have clarity but there are creative ways to do this.Inject emotion into the writing eg "Get through your to-do list" vs "Get through your monstrous to-do list".Ensure images work with the text and do not over-power or distract from the narrativeBe clear who the product is for, and also who it's not for (this can save everyone - you and your customers - a lot of time).Make sure you have an About section, and make sure this shines. Stories are interesting, tell them - why did you make the product, any interesting facts?Give yourself a title that is relevant to your product. I'm a solo founder so could call myself a 'founder' or 'CEO', but to a customer that means nothing. 'Chief Productivity Officer' makes more sense in my case and to say 'your Chief Productivity Officer' means 'I'm here for YOU'.Being a little verbose is OK, as long as the copy is good, people will read good copy.But verbose doesn't mean you can have words everywhere - design is still important so include enough white space to make it feel clean and uncluttered (especially important if you're creating an app for productivity! In addition, people won't read every word - think about how you scroll through a website.Avoid temptation to put the product shot as your hero image. I struggled with this a lot but eventually put my product shots further down the page. This allowed me to tell the narrative about the product before people got to the image. If you put the product shot in the hero, the user tends to analyse it and make up their own mind before you even have a chance to 'talk' to them.The 'features section' is important, but again put it further down the page. I also designed it using pop ups so the user could 'peek' in and out without having to lose their overall spot scrolling through the page (see new website https://llamalife.co for example)The CTA button should connect with the benefit you're promising in your hero sectionTestimonials and social proof are important - contact the people who sent you feedback on twitter, email, reddit etc and ask if you can use their quoteIf you made it this far, wow! Hopefully it was helpful. Remember, there's never one-size fits all, so do what you think is right for your business. Good luck!If anyone else has other tips, I'd love to hear them in the comments below as always looking to improve. Also feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer as quickly as possible. see hubwealthy.com/wealthy

0 comments:

Post a Comment